#1 Edited by SolarWaveAlpha (1418 posts) - - Show Bio

The Grand Army of the Republic lands an invasion force as big as Geonosis and invades Sera. Sera is composed of the Chimera from Resistance and Locust Horde. The Clones have an idea that the planet Sera holds some hostiles but are largely unknown to them they've sent a small scout force only to find them slaugthered at the hands of the alliance between the two species.

GAR vs Chimera/Locust Horde

Rules

• Chimera and Locust get 1 month of prep for the clone invasion.
  • The Chimera and locust will not mix.
  • Sera has normal weather
  • All lore allowed for chimera and Locust. Legends for the clone troopers.
  • Technology and numbers for the Chimera and locust is at it's height. Clones are at their height of technology as well.
  • No BFR
  • Ground/air/underground engagement only ( no spaceships can enter the battle )
  • Win by complete destruction of the other side.
  • All leaders for all factions are alive and are part of the battle ( no jedi just clone generals who were present during the Battle of Geonosis )

Environment - The whole planet is a battlefield

Related imageImage result for Sera gears of war

#3 Posted by Killerwasp (16796 posts) - - Show Bio

Team beats the clones

#8 Posted by MErulezall (3151 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
#13 Posted by FullMetalEmprah (1784 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say the clones do pretty well up until they reach the underground portion of the battle. After they can win but only after heavy casualties.

#14 Posted by SolarWaveAlpha (1418 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by FullMetalEmprah (1784 posts) - - Show Bio

@solarwavealpha: I don't necessarily think they outright win since there is the Locust underworld to deal with, and a lot of Chimera and Locust weaponry would shine there. But on the surface the clones have better artillery(imo anyway), better armored vehicles, and their air support is a lot better as well. Underground you basically negate two of those and are fighting in a location where there will be ambushes, killing zones, and many other dangers constantly. But clones are no slouches in combat, even when the odds are against them.

#16 Posted by Killerwasp (16796 posts) - - Show Bio

@fullmetalemprah: I’m gonna go against that and say the chimera and locust take it without the GAR being able to use orbital bombmrnt!

#17 Posted by FullMetalEmprah (1784 posts) - - Show Bio

@killerwasp: I never really said they'd win, just that they'd win on the surface, where they'd be able to utilize their advantages to the fullest. Underground I'd actually wager they lose, and in a war of attrition they'd probably lose as well.

#18 Posted by Spinach (207 posts) - - Show Bio

Draw

#19 Posted by Killerwasp (16796 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by FullMetalEmprah (1784 posts) - - Show Bio

@killerwasp: How will they deal with the Republic's air support and artillery?

#21 Posted by Killerwasp (16796 posts) - - Show Bio

@fullmetalemprah: Artillery is quite easy. The Locust and the Chimera have tools to dig deep under ground. Extremely deep. That should be pretty dang easy to get. At night time the Locust have the kryll as well, and without UV lights and knowing about it, they're going to take out any artillery placements set up as well. Chimera have their own lesser artillery as well to bombard the area with tiny bugs known as swarms. Locust also have light artillery strong enough to down prolly anything artillery piece alot with a couple of hits or so.

Air power, Locust can jam the communications removing any actual ability/plans the GAR can make due to their communications being down via seeders/Nemacysts. However, unlike the Locust the Chimera have a warfleet for airpower, and that's right down below,

Image result for Chimeran fleetImage result for Chimeran fleet

These guys carry, Chimeran transports, fighters, troops, etc. Overall they're going to be able to be deployed anywhere that's heavy. Also keep in mind, both the Chimera and the Locust horde don't need coms to communicate. Queen Myrrah has already proven both in comics AND in game she can communicate without the need of it. She was also like half way across the world when doing so, so there's really no limit. Overall the Chimera will be bringing the faster stuff needed to win any surface fight. Also note the Chimeran fleet shown up above is not a space force at all, it's completely just air.

#23 Posted by FullMetalEmprah (1784 posts) - - Show Bio

@killerwasp: Maybe at first, but the Republic will most likely reinforce artillery positions with extra defenses. That and if they do it enough it can be predicted and used against them. Also how fast are those airships? Because I see no reason that bombers can't take care of them if they are slow enough. That and they are very large targets, so it would be really hard to miss them.

#24 Posted by Killerwasp (16796 posts) - - Show Bio

@fullmetalemprah:

Maybe at first, but the Republic will most likely reinforce artillery positions with extra defenses.

Like what? I've yet to see the clones counter a race who loves to tunnel. You do realize the Locust can tunnel even into bunkers right? The only reason humanity lived during the war was because of "plot rock."

Down below,

"Remember that we no longer have any emergency command bunkers outside Ephyra, either," Hoffman said. "We don't even have the option of saving the chosen few and the art treasures and sitting out, as we had in the last war.""All destroyed?" Prescott didn't look disappointed for some reason. "Even cherrit?" "That's the problem with underground facilities and a burrowing enemy, sir. I hope they appreciate fine art and canned beans."

-Gears of War: Jacinto's Remnant

The grubs could pop up anywhere, even inside the makeshift bunker, but the alternative was to freeze like a dumb rabbit waiting to get torn to shreds. “Don’t come out. Not for anything.”

-Gears of War: Coalition's End

Next, the Grubs again like to jam communications. Now while jamming that isn't the real issue, the real issue is what they tend to do next,

If they're waiting, there have to be survivors. And they know they've managed to jam our comms.

-Gears of War: Aspho Fields

Bastards are jamming us Hoffman said.

-Gears of War: The Slab

The "next part"

If the grubs had hit an APC, then it meant casualties. Wounded. Bait..... And grubs knew that Gears never abandoned their comrades. They used that.

Furthermore, it's kinda stated multiple times ill have to search more, but the locust don't think like humans. Only a handful like baird are able to not only point out to Delta squad, but to a few others that just because the grubs act a way, doesn't mean it's their intentions at all. They have no issue using numbers to create a distraction just to again hit from all angles,

Just because they're moving this way doesn't mean this is the objective. That's us thinking like humans, not like grubs.

Hitting from all angles and baiting them out,

They didn't fight like men. They were chaotic. They seemed to have no organization, no section formation, nothing Hoffman could recognize---except the classic ambush, hitting multiple points simultaneously and trying to throw gears into disarray. And they never seem to get in position and fire. They always went for close quarters battle. It was a psychological tactic, he had no doubt of that, because they must have known how hideous they looked to humans.

lastly, you can't really plan against them as Hoffman points out they have no doctrine or "master" strategy

The hell it was: he knew exactly how bad things were, but he couldn't tell how much worse they'd get, or how fast, because the grubs hadn't been to strategy classes at the Academy. They didn't follow COG doctrine. They didn't have any other kind of military logic as far as he could see. But they weren't stupid, and they were winning.

-Gears of War: The Slab

Overall, you forget the COG have used literally artillery lines to try and hold the locust back, but those were getting pushed back every day.

That and if they do it enough it can be predicted and used against them.

Eh not really, because the locust and the COG fought for 15 years or so, and it didn't stop a battle harden force like the COG from getting rekted in the process. You're again thinking the GAR is fighting the locust alone. Chimera are here and they have the weapons to really give the GAR an extremely hard time.

Also how fast are those airships? Because I see no reason that bombers can't take care of them if they are slow enough.

I doubt again the bombers would do jack to them. Considering resistance AA guns didnt' do anything either. Regardless how do you plan to take them down, as I've pointed out already they are holding a swarm of fighters all the time,

Image result for Chimera resistance comics dog fight

Additionally you can have the locust ink the skies and then you're really in a world of hurt,

Image result for Locust horde inking the sky

Overall idk how fast they move they don't say, but they aren't dumb enough to let them get bombed and even if they do, they have like idk 80-100 of them holding hundreds upon hundreds of fighters, not counting air bases, locust air support ( not much but hey meat shields are meat shields ), and much more. I don't see the GAR taking them down without having to use a ton of resources.

#25 Posted by Killerwasp (16796 posts) - - Show Bio

@solarwavealpha: I forgot to tag you in my response, but can you please edit the op so @wut will stop having a fit about you removing the heatpacks on their backs lol

#26 Posted by SolarWaveAlpha (1418 posts) - - Show Bio