• 62 results
Posted by Killermovies (888 posts) 1 month, 17 days ago

Poll: Infinity War Iron Man vs Avengers 1 Thor (82 votes)

Iron Man 49%
Thor 51%

Iron Man rematches Thor with his newest suit.How does he do? Same conditions but instead of the Mk6 he gets the Mk50

#1 Posted by webinyoureye11 (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron man stomps him

#2 Posted by Laiks Stake (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor was weakened by dark energy.

Give him Thor 1, Dark World and Age of Ultron feats and he stomps.

In this case Thor still beats him but in a pretty good fight, he will need to break the armor and punch Stark before his healing factor act.

#3 Posted by GateOfBabylon (2241 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor would actually have to go full out in the fight and win after a good battle.

#4 Posted by rogueshadow (27204 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor still wins.

Moderator Online
#5 Posted by TheyCallMeBT (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

Somebody said he stomps him? Lol really Iron Man doesn't have nearly the damage output to put down Thor.

People forget about the Jotunheim feat and Thor summoning a tornado in Thor 1, they forget about how destroyed 3 of this giant leviathans in Avengers 1 with ease.

#6 Posted by webinyoureye11 (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

Somebody said he stomps him? Lol really Iron Man doesn't have nearly the damage output to put down Thor.

People forget about the Jotunheim feat and Thor summoning a tornado in Thor 1, they forget about how destroyed 3 of this giant leviathans in Avengers 1 with ease.

yeah he does stomp.

How does thor hurt tony? cull knocked tony a city block away and through a building and he was fine. Thor didn't show that kind of striking power in the forest fight. Lightning only gets absorbed, and attacks like the jotenheim buster take too long to charge,

making thanos bleed shows that he can do damage to Thor. Why? Thanos could tank hulks attacks for fun, Thor can't. At least, not in avengers

#7 Edited by Alavanka (724 posts) - - Show Bio

That thing where Thor plants Mjolnir on someone's chest comes to mind. Tony can probably out up a great fight and cut Thor up, but I don't see him being tougher than say....Malekith with the reality stone.

#8 Posted by Butan (86 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor was weak(er) in Avengers, but if we use his earlier feats then he wins.

#9 Edited by TheyCallMeBT (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

@webinyoureye11: For one someone here already pointed out Thor was weakened from Odin sending him to earth with dark energy during that forest fight

Tony Stark got his ass kicked by Cull Obsidian, both he and Spider-Man at the same time. Yeah he got up from Cull's attack but he visibly struggled and was technically saved from further beating by Spider-Man intervening and catching Cull's hammer.

Thor destroying the Bifrost in Thor 1 and Thor was casually sending Frost Giants just as far as when Cull struck Iron Man (yes feats from earlier films count as he is the same character, just not feats from later films). And yeah Stark absorbed a tiny little pathetic looking lightning strike from Thor and not a blast similar to the final battle where he destroyed 2-3 Leviathans with one blast

Thor also survived a 10,000 foot drop unscathed in Avengers 1. Iron Man making Thanos bleed a speck of blood should not be considered damage it was literally a drop slightly larger than a pen point. Also Thanks had full body armor when he faced Hulk at the beginning of the film, head and face armor and all....he fought Stark and literally 6 other heroes (this should not be undersold) in a muscle shirt IW Stark does not hit harder than Hulk

Oh and Thor took several of Hulk's blows (more than Thanos) in Ragnarok and literally got up and was fine after, hell he even turned the tide after.

I can see a victory being argued I really can Iron Man was no joke in Infinity War, but a STOMP... lol now you're just being unreasonable

This is a really good fight though bro, definitely a competitive one props for that!

#10 Posted by TheGallowsGod (60 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't understand the vine, IW Ironman is able to beat Diana but loses to Thor from the Avengers? The same Thor that every non fanboy put below Diana?

#11 Posted by Killermovies (888 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Deathlokk (117 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor stomps.

#13 Posted by ScrewThanos (101 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man... And I wanna say easily.

#14 Posted by GateOfBabylon (2241 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah no, Tony loses.

No Caption Provided

#15 Posted by Deathlokk (117 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't understand the vine, IW Ironman is able to beat Diana but loses to Thor from the Avengers? The same Thor that every non fanboy put below Diana?

Everytime a new film releases users don't know how to interpret their feats properly and produce weak arguments. It happens all the time.

#16 Posted by GateOfBabylon (2241 posts) - - Show Bio

Who said that IW Iron Man could beat Diana?

#17 Edited by xZone (2512 posts) - - Show Bio

@gateofbabylon: Thor was weaker than that in avengers 1. The dark energy hurt Thor a lot. Any other version of Thor stomps, but I think tony wins this one.

#18 Posted by TheGallowsGod (60 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by TheGallowsGod (60 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by GateOfBabylon (2241 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone said:

@gateofbabylon: Thor was weaker than that in avengers 1. The dark energy hurt Thor a lot. Any other version of Thor stomps, but I think tony wins this one.

I thought by "Avengers 1 Thor", OP meant he has feats all the way from his origin movie up to Avengers 1. But if what he meant was Thor in that specific condition in the forest, then yeah IW Iron Man could pull a win.

#21 Posted by xZone (2512 posts) - - Show Bio

@gateofbabylon: I was under the impression it was the weakened Thor, if you are correct, Thor wins.

#22 Posted by Deathlokk (117 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegallowsgod said:

Who said that IW Iron Man could beat Diana?

kingoflat,georgebus etc. they're all idiots who side with Marvel on everything.

#23 Posted by TheyCallMeBT (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: I took it as him being weak for a small portion of the film, was he really weakened the entire Avengers film?

#24 Posted by cromulor (864 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor after a monumentally harder fight than his one with Avengers 1 Iron Man.

#25 Posted by xZone (2512 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by TheyCallMeBT (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone said:

@theycallmebt: pretty sure he was for the entire film

Wow you learn something new everyday, I never looked at it like that but if he was indeed weakened throughout Avengers 1 that's one badass weakened mf

#27 Posted by webinyoureye11 (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

@theycallmebt:For one someone here already pointed out Thor was weakened from Odin sending him to earth with dark energy during that forest fight

This supposed to help your case?

Tony Stark got his ass kicked by Cull Obsidian, both he and Spider-Man at the same time. Yeah he got up from Cull's attack but he visibly struggled and was technically saved from further beating by Spider-Man intervening and catching Cull's hammer.

after the attack I mentioned, no. tony and bruce had a small interaction, but tony was able to save Bruce from culls next attack. Iirc, he was only slowed down when cull tied him up with some device that wrapped around him

Thor destroying the Bifrost in Thor 1 and Thor was casually sending Frost Giants just as far as when Cull struck Iron Man (yes feats from earlier films count as he is the same character, just not feats from later films). And yeah Stark absorbed a tiny little pathetic looking lightning strike from Thor and not a blast similar to the final battle where he destroyed 2-3 Leviathans with one blast

nah man, Thor was shattering ice giants with mjolnir. They weren't sent flying, and definitely nowhere near the same distance.

And assuming thor doesn't need a building to replicate his leviathan feat, what do you think tony will be doing while Thor summons his lightning? I guess nothing

Thor also survived a 10,000 foot drop unscathed in Avengers 1. Iron Man making Thanos bleed a speck of blood should not be considered damage it was literally a drop slightly larger than a pen point. Also Thanks had full body armor when he faced Hulk at the beginning of the film, head and face armor and all....he fought Stark and literally 6 other heroes (this should not be undersold) in a muscle shirt IW Stark does not hit harder than Hulk

So now hulk only hit armor? I guess the armor also weighted thanos down too? Since tony was moving thanos a lot more with his strikes than hulk could

Oh and Thor took several of Hulk's blows (more than Thanos) in Ragnarok and literally got up and was fine after, hell he even turned the tide after.

Why are you bringing up ragnarok? I'm going strictly by avengers feats, where Thor was not even half as impressive.

I can see a victory being argued I really can Iron Man was no joke in Infinity War, but a STOMP... lol now you're just being unreasonable

No Caption Provided

Unless you can prove Thor will hit harder than this, he isn't doing any damage physically

Even if you wanna argue tony will let him charge all he lightning he wants, he can block it like he did the power stone blast, and there is no real reason why he can't absorb it. Just like tony states in iron man 3, his suit runs on electricity. Being a far more powerful and advanced armor is reason enough to give him the benefit of the doubt.

#28 Edited by Early_Cuyler (82 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like Iron Man (IW) only looked as good as he did because Thanos didn't try too hard against him.

Am I the only person who feels the same? Look how Thanos murder stomped Hulk. Why didn't he just do the same thing to Iron Man? Anyway, Thor would take this. I was impressed with Iron Man's new feats but I felt as if a lot of them had to do with Thanos playing with Iron Man as opposed to him simply beating him into the ground like he did Hulk.

#29 Posted by Laiks Stake (1054 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by Emanresu_20 (949 posts) - - Show Bio

I’m giving this one to Stark. More mobility in the Air. Went toe to toe with Thanos, tanked a building sized meteor from Orbit. Blocked power gem. Meanwhile post Ragnarok Thor apparently got stomped bun Thanos.

#31 Posted by Killermovies (888 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#32 Posted by TheMaximus (709 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor. He wasnt trying to kill stark in the first avengers.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
#33 Posted by Greysentinel365 (3786 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor wins with moderate difficulty.

#34 Posted by jayc1324 (25114 posts) - - Show Bio

He still is just a man in a metal suit. He doesn't have the damage output to beat Thor.

#35 Posted by Waking_Dreamer (562 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor wins...but he'll get a good sparring match!

Avatar image for _kingoflatveria
#36 Posted by _KingofLatveria (14324 posts) - - Show Bio

Stark

#37 Posted by RL4 (1356 posts) - - Show Bio

IM, Thor was weakened for Avengers.

#38 Posted by TricksandToys (467 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor 6/10.

#39 Posted by ANTHP2000 (14111 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony, handily.

#40 Posted by hulkuberstomp (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

This Iron man suit is so overrated

#41 Posted by Discipulus (94 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man would give the more impressive performance, but I can't easily imagine him keeping Thor down.

#42 Posted by Sy8000 (33654 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor still beats him down. Tony was completely unable to beat Cull who wasn't even close to Hulk. He's not on this level.

#43 Posted by BlitzSikes (1897 posts) - - Show Bio

How does the vine say iron man can beat Diana but not Thor from A1?

#44 Posted by Gamer-Guy (1885 posts) - - Show Bio

@blitzsikes:

thats ABC logic the reason thor is winning here is because of his strength durability skill and experience he is a great counter to iron man

diana how ever lacks many of these thing and is outclassed in many more anyway

i just counted a total of 10 thor threads on the battle forums first page GODDAMN lol

#45 Posted by Thoromdil (1414 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana would one shot IW Iron man. I really hope people are just joking or wanking. She's easily fast enough to blitz and decapitate with a sword that can cut clear through Doomsday's arm.

#46 Posted by Worldofthunder (3943 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol Thor stomps.

#47 Posted by Amonfire1776 (1552 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5b17f1b84ea5f
#48 Posted by deactivated-5b17f1b84ea5f (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah no, Tony loses.

No Caption Provided

Doesn't look impressive when you know Iron Man can fly.

#49 Posted by Subline (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man, his suit will just harnass the lightning, he was matching him with his old suit. With the new one he wins definitely.

Yeah no, Tony loses.

No Caption Provided

Iron Man can fly, and his suit harnasses the lightning. And if he somehow gets in the position for Thor to strike him like that, this will happen:

No Caption Provided

#50 Posted by Helloman (16772 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor wins.