Posted by KingCrimson (3956 posts) 1 month, 6 days ago

Poll: Tokyo Ghoul Tournament - R1, F4: Kaiko vs Shuu Tsukiyama (10 votes)

Kaiko 90%
Shuu Tsukiyama 10%

Hello Ladies & Gents...

Welcome to the latest battle in the Tokyo Ghoul Tournament!

No Caption Provided

New to this?:

What Is This?

This, my friends, is a straight up ripoff of my pal Cdiddyman911's fantastic "Tourney of Thrones". His tournament was such a cool idea and as most of you will know I'm a giant TG fanboy, so I had to give this a whirl.

The Tokyo Ghoul Tourney is a huge 64-man single elimination style tournament, where friend is pitted against friend, foe against foe, until only one stands.

How Long Will It Take?

The Tourney will consist of daily battles until the round is over. Once a battle has been added to the battles forum, I will wait up to one week before tallying up the votes, depending on if the match is a stomp or not. The winner moves on.

How Do I Vote?

I heavily encourage discussions about the battle as well as arguments, as that's the fun part, but ONLY POLL VOTES WILL COUNT. All you have to do is choose who you think will win, and that's it.

Some of the characters here are relatively short on feats, so feel free to use hype and statements to make your decisions if you wish.

Can I be Tagged?

If you want to be updated on these battles to help out, please let me know below or simply shoot me a pm asking to be added to the callouts! If you wish to be removed, do the same.

The "Spite" Dilemma

Unfortunately, I am afraid there will be matches where one person will handily defeat the other. I wish it weren't that way, but that is how it has to be realistically. If you see this happen, please still vote on who is the winner. It's best to get it out of the way and go on to bigger and closer battles

The "Been Done" Dilemma

There is also a very likely chance that a battle that shows up here has been done before on another thread or that has even taken place in-verse. This doesn't mean that you shouldn't vote. Much like Battle of The Week threads, it is different from the other ones, so don't stress about it!

Can I check the Standings?

Yes! If you ever wish to know what is going on, please go to The Tourney Bracket. I will be updating as it goes in other ways, but you can keep an eye on everything from there.

Where Is Arima?

You know, I thought about it, but what would be the point? He's out of everybody else league and any battle with him in would be a waste.

Kuzen and Noro battle fiercely over in the tournaments fourth battle! Who will win this clash of titans? Have your say there.

Today we see one of V's mysterious leaders take on Kaneki's right hand man. Who will come out on top?

In the red corner...

Kaiko

The man who trained Arima  - can this mysterious V executive make short work of the Tsukiyama family's heir?
The man who trained Arima - can this mysterious V executive make short work of the Tsukiyama family's heir?

In the blue corner...

Shuu Tsukiyama

The ever eccentric Gourmet. He will be a tough opponent to down!
The ever eccentric Gourmet. He will be a tough opponent to down!

Rules

• Morals off
  • Standard gear
  • Prime Versions
  • Win By Death
  • Manga and anime feats applicable
  • Start 30ft apart
  • Fight takes place here:
No Caption Provided

FIGHT!

#2 Posted by DivineGoblin (257 posts) - - Show Bio

Kaiko is basically featless but he should slaughter here. He's a half human and Arimas former mentor, Tsukiyama stands no chance.

#3 Posted by DivineGoblin (257 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by RoadRabbit (45 posts) - - Show Bio

Based of feats, Shuu. Based on available info, Kaiko. Kaiko is a half ghoul and Arima's tutor, that's saying a lot.

#5 Edited by Foremostproxy (477 posts) - - Show Bio

Kaiko. If only because he was able to take on both Yusa Arima and Take simultaneously, which I don't think Shuu could do at all.

Though I guess Shuu could aim for a weapon break.

Sort of annoying, because Kaiko is an instant loss to anyone of serious note.

#6 Posted by Rxdking (521 posts) - - Show Bio

Kaiko. If only because he was able to take on both Yusa Arima and Take simultaneously, which I don't think Shuu could do at all.

Though I guess Shuu could aim for a weapon break.

Sort of annoying, because Kaiko is an instant loss to anyone of serious note.

This.

IMO yusa himself is SS rated at the very least.

#7 Posted by pmcinelly784 (1065 posts) - - Show Bio

I was wondering why I didn't know who Kaiko was, but it's because he's basically featless.

He should win here though for same reasons people have said - his only real combat feat is pretty impressive

#8 Posted by KingCrimson (3956 posts) - - Show Bio

@divinegoblin: I’m enjoying it mate. It’s had its ups and downs though. I’m a bit gutted about how quickly the Clowns story tied up, but there you go.

#9 Posted by KingCrimson (3956 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by Rxdking (521 posts) - - Show Bio

The problem, kaiko is literally pure hype besides what 1 chapter? We dont really see much so we have to scale him.

Typical thought process is, "well he trained arima, and uhhh was toying around with arima's lil bro and one other pretty strong investigator sooo"

#11 Posted by KingCrimson (3956 posts) - - Show Bio

@rxdking: Scaling and statements are both valid arguments in this tourney so it shouldn’t matter too much.

That said, his tangible feats are pretty crazy. He toyed with four investigators simultaneously, one of them easily Special Class tier, two solid first class investigators and a half-human (a relative of Arima no less) from the garden. He avoided shots directly to the back of his head that he shouldn’t of been able to see, had the skill to the throw his short sword like a boomerang and the regen to survive his head being cut in half.

He’s short on feats, but they’re nuts.

Avatar image for synchronized_123
#12 Posted by synchronized_123 (2271 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingcrimson: He's still a lot weaker than Yoshimura. He admitted it himself.

#13 Edited by KingCrimson (3956 posts) - - Show Bio

@synchronized_123: Yoshimura is a SSS rate kakuja and one of the most (arguably the most) skilled ghouls in the series. Being weaker than him wouldn’t be a bad feat.

Plus, Kaiko never actually flat out admitted he was weaker than him, he just said he would bring a lot more men if he was going to try and take him down. Now admittedly that heavily implies he thinks Yoshimura is stronger, but not in itself totally damning. Plus plus, Kaiko was only a half-human when he said that.

#14 Posted by ValorKnight (7769 posts) - - Show Bio

Kaiko would probably win, but Shuu would definitely put up a solid fight IMO.